Saturday, January 21, 2012

Tru Confessions

I have long been both a Disney Channel fan and a Shia LeBeouf fan; and the combination of them- well works well for me. In 2002 when the movie, Tru Confessions came out on Disney TV I remember it moving me to tears and reflecting deeply on our Evan and our Evan experience. Not being able to sleep tonight , I turned on the Disney channel to see what was on - and voila Tru Confessions. I quickly wrapped myself up in a blanket, moved to the basement couch and TV and stayed up and was moved once more. Just finished but thought I should post Among the most moving scenes is as follows:

Eddie: It’s not fair.
Tru: What’s not fair, Eddie?
Eddie: I wanna be done being different. I wanna be the same as everybody else.
Tru: Everybody’s different, Eddie. Not just you.
Eddie: No, no, Tru, I’m real different! 
Tru: You know what, you’re right. You are different. But if you were just the same as everybody else, you wouldn’t get all that special help in school, you wouldn’t be allowed to rollerblade in the house and you wouldn’t be the amazing brother that I love. 


If you want the essence of the show watch





I'm grateful for our Evan
grateful for his incredible mother,
grateful for his loving siblings,
grateful for Stuart J and all the other Stu's of Evan's life
grateful for the blessing the journey has been.

No comments: