A Complex Man
Just because I’m a married man
Doesn’t mean I don’t need love
Just because I have calloused hands
Doesn’t mean I don’t wear gloves
Just because I think a lot
Doesn’t mean I don’t say prayers
Just because it doesn’t grow on top
Doesn’t mean I don’t have hair
Just because I’m always watching sports
Doesn’t mean I don’t like to go to a ballet
Just because I don’t talk too much
Doesn’t mean I’ve got nothing much to say
Just because I have two left feet
Doesn’t mean I hate to dance
Just because I don’t argue much
Doesn’t mean I can’t take a stance
Just because I didn’t call today
Doesn’t mean I will be late
Just because I rarely take a chance
Doesn’t mean I can’t tempt fate
Just because I wear blue jeans
Doesn’t mean I don’t own a business suit
Just because I live modestly
Doesn’t mean I have no loot
Just because I write simple poems
Doesn’t mean I don’t like to read Voltaire
Just because I didn’t shed a tear
Doesn’t mean that I don’t care
Just because I may appear one way
Doesn’t mean that I’m that man
Get to know me just a little better
And you’ll see how complex I am
(I've adapted a borrowed poem slightly)Some images from a few years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment