Sunday, June 28, 2009

Louisville


Mackenzie, Evan, and I loaded the suburban for a road trip to Louisville for a national volleyball tournament. We left early Saturday morning and made it easily. Interesting notes:
  • Listened to Sherlock Holmes: A Study in Scarlet as our book on a tape driving down. An interesting story, I simpling didn't recall its anti-mormon sentiment and biases that are core to the story.
  • Stopping for gas and a Sonic burger outside of Louisville (Indiana-side) and my oh my the southern accents and influence were strong
  • Volleyball was not good, we started against a team that clearly out-powered us, and then we underplayed to our capacity for our next games.
  • Louisville 6th ward is very friendly and embracing. perhaps the most greetings I've ever had as a visitor; and in stark contrast to our last trip though Kentucky
Hopefully, the team does well today and we will have a chance to play tomorrow.

No comments: