Monday, March 16, 2020

Here in the Real World by Sara PennyPacker

Here in the Real World  by Sara PennyPacker


Under the guise of pre-screening a new book to share with Eden and or Dean, in the NYT Reviews,I found this from the author of Pax, - Here in the Real World - a middle grade novel that is “an ode to introverts, dreamers, and misfits everywhere”.  It had me second guessing at the beginning, in candor to the end, whether it was an evangelical, born-again novella. It was not, she simply uses that vocabulary and language in a comfortable, natural, non-forced manner. I should do more of that by embracing gospel terms in my everyday language. I think the kids will enjoy it. I did.” Don’t ask to be normal - you are so much more than that.” The main characters are different yet the same as they try to self identify and as they do , how to live in a world that does not always embrace who you want to be. Naturally, it is set in Florida.

No comments: