Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Friday

A new trend, dare we call it a tradition, is feasting and having Thanksgiving on Friday.
It's has worked for people's schedules, and had made for a richer, calmer celebration.
So Thursday becomes a very stress free day - we linger at home. We finish cleaning with no rush, we prepare the foods that need prep, no rush, we linger and play games, no rush, we do a few chores, no rush, we went for a walk, no rush. Did I mention no rush, no stress.

So Friday becomes a great day to celebrate. I get up early and do a bit of work and go do store checks because it is Black Friday and I do work retail, but no rush. I even had time to hit the gymn for my daily workout. Got home to help with the final prep work. Ok, let's be candid, it helps to be married to an incredible cook and hostess. Anyhow, come 3 pm we are gathered in and ready to dine. The family is gathered, the cousins who are home are gathered, the food is ready and served, we feast. A simple combination for one of the most delightful holidays of the year.

Happy Friday thanksgiving. Come join us next year.

(Having problems posting photos)

No comments: