it is not lightly that i chose to replace the 4-babes photo has been the bellwether of my blog. I've delayed other posts this week in deference and favoritism to the thanksgiving gathering collection of photos. But life moves on to new adventures.
Part of our Saturday morning ritual is listening to NPR. (Though I still prefer the broadcast out of st paul over the chicago version) During today's programming, there was an
announcement for a nativity display at st matthews center for health; A nursing home in a neighboring suburb. At first blush it seemed bizarre to hold a nativity review there - but it has a chapel, they had room to display the 400 nativities, it brought people into interaction with the nursing home community, there were a lot of minnesota luthern connections, and hey its a great way to join in the season.
It wasn't a spectacular showing but it was uplifting and fun to be at. I took a couple photos of a few of the interesting ones. (Perhaps another day I'll post what Rindy has set up in the house - it looks smashing.) In the meantime There was a Room at the Inn.
 |
| made out of recycled paper |
 |
| nepalese with a yak |
 |
| inuit mary - russian joseph |
 |
| nice halos |
 |
| more realistic with Mary laying down |
 |
| drummer angel is cool |
No comments:
Post a Comment