Friday, October 1, 2010

BYU

(A quick start of our trip we dropped in on Larry and went to lunch. Larry has always been an incredibly supportive brother to Rindy and uncle to the kids. Beside great food we covered world religion, travel, family and politics)

BYU is a wonderful place. Though the campus has evolved and changed since I attended, Blair & I shared the feeling of coming back home to something wonderful upon stepping on campus. I assume most alumni have similar feeling about their college -I'm glad I do. And very grateful that Brigham - Evan _ Parker are all out there right now. Each is having a different experience from the other but each is having a great experience for him.

Part of walking on campus is running into friends at the Wilke. The most notable of whom were:
Cousin Mary
Evan's room mate - Stuart
(grateful for what an incredible man and friend Stuart is)
Parker's room mate - Marshall and his dad Scott
(still grateful for the small world that allowed Parker to become friends with another great Oelker)
my brother Paul & his wife Ann.
Other than campus, Friday highlights included checking out everyone's housing arrangements, a round of pool,watching Brigham -boom- and win a volleyball game and top it off at the Happy Sumo for some sushi.

No comments: