Sunday, May 16, 2010

Super Sunday

Sundays are always good days - this one was super.

The theme of our Sacrament meeting was the Savior and the atonement. Parker was the first speaker and shared his personal insights as to the role of the Savior in his life - he is ready for a mission. ( I just hope they change the rule on beards)

After the second speaker, Parker then sang Savior Come written by Kurt Metzger in his play Journey with Joseph. I'm grateful for Kurt's play which has touched the life and lifted each of my children. The song must have been written with Parker's voice in mind - he nailed it. It is a powerful song and delivers the Spirit when sung and it was well sung.

The evening was topped off with Seminary graduation. Parker, like his brother's before him, faithfully attended early morning all four years culminating in the Book of Mormon study this year; with the added treat of his mother being the teacher. Mackey kicked off this year as well, though attending a younger class. I'm grateful for the sacrifice made. Parker had the opportunity to sing the song once again and di spectacular once again

3 comments:

Sally said...

I woudl have loved to have heard Parker sing that song. Souinds like a truly wonderful Sabbath.

mattandhonor said...

too bad we can't video those things....

Sara and Todd said...

It would have been wonderful to be there and especially to hear Parker sing. Congratulations on another child Graduating from Seminary. I would love to have been in Rindy's class.