Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tulips




I love tulips.

There isn’t a particular color that I fancy over others it is tulips.


The book Tulip Mania


(Tulipomania presents a fascinating look at the tulip frenzy that took place in Holland in the mid-1600s.) helped contextualize the global appeal of tulips and I enjoyed the historic read, yet mine is more personal affinity. . Though I always enjoyed them as a youth I think it was, no I am sure it was that May 1st several, ok many, years back when I married Rindy in the Salt Lake Temple that linked my love of Rindy to my love of Tulips., My favorite piece of art in our home is an image of the Temple with tulips in bloom . not unlike his photo.


My favorite garden display is that of tulips.

And so I wasn’t surprised when Rindy, Brigham and Evan drove to Nauvoo for Ben’s wedding that Rindy would run into the grounds keeper as he was unplanting the tulips, getting ready to jettison them, that she would volunteer to take them and re-plant them at our home in Naperville.

Temple Tulips – how nice.


3 comments:

mattandhonor said...

I have ALWAYS loved tulips....sadly I don't live in a place for tulips...left 'em behind in Michigan...le sigh...

Sally said...

I can hardly wait to see them next year.

Sara and Todd said...

You'll have to post a picture next spring with them in full bloom. My tulips bloomed fully for the first time in a few years. Mostly the snow comes at the wrong time in their developement and they fail to bloom. It was fun to have them bloom this year. Did you find the book interesting on Tulips? Might be one to look through.