Song of the Lion Anne Hillerman
I appreciate Anne continuing her
fathers legacy in writing "Song of the Lion". It feels very
connected and consistent to his (Tony Hillerman) style and content
and character in Southwest Native culture based, Leaphorn/Chee,
mystery series. If you enjoy the genre, as do I, its a fun quick
read.
My father and I shared an enjoyment of reading this series, among others, together. My father passed about the same time as Tony Hillerman and I assumed no new books in the series, no more sharing with a kindred spirit. Reading this book brought a smile to my soul. I reflected on our joint reading escapades: sharing a book, sharing a turn of a phrase, sharing a new word, sharing a well told story, and/or sharing a new thought - all edify. In part why I write these reviews - to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment