Wednesday, July 13, 2016

An Amelia Peabody Novel of Suspense by Elizabeth Peters

An Amelia Peabody novel of Suspense .... By Elizabeth Peters

Peters had a PhD in Egyptology but her real  name is Barbara Mertz. The series of books written are an historical mystery series centered in Egyptology in the Middle East.  The books are a diversion  and fun to read. I think I've read all the books in the series a couple maybe twice.so quickly I digested " a river in the sky".   Set up in Jerusalem as opposed to the normal books in Egypt. the quick read with pseudo Egyptology in the Middle East studies making me think I'm traveling in the turn-of-the-century as an English explorer- not. My dad read "Cat who.."  by Lilian Jackson Braun and the "Cadfael Chronicles" by Ellis Peters (I think we got into them by mistake confusing I was Ellis peters with Elizabeth peters -both turned out to be winners )among others as his fun reads. I shared reading them with him. Interested in the series of Elizabeth peters ? start with "the crocodile on the sand bank"

Enjoy .


No comments: