The top five regrets of the dying by Bronnie Ware
So how do you find joy in tumultuous and challenging times- when life happens:
Big view - those times when I am with Family- just one of them , or with several of them or with all of them . Each of those are times when I find joy. I also find joy when my kids getting together and they are loving each other like recently in Wisconsin
In the temple - whether that's the weekly service as a worker or when we attend the temple as patrons I find joy in the temple
Partaking of the the sacrament - I know that should / can be weekly but in reality that just comes at times when I'm prepared to take the sacrament and I focus
Prayer again that could be daily but it is what happens when I focus and I ponder and I make it meaningful
Daily scripture study almost always is an experience for me to find true joy
So even when things are hard I can find joy in a regular basis monthly weekly or daily. I can insert my day with joy of the spirit.
The title does not attract me. My inclination would be to skip the book , however it came on recommendation -so . It is a soft science self discovery look into finding meaning in life and in finding those key things one should take care of:
1-courage to live the life meant to have , not the life of others expections
-regardless of what others say or think
- it's about having the courage to be you regardless
2-work with purpose and intent in simplicity not obsessive working hard
-The best way to make the most out of life is to appreciate the gift of it and not chose to be a victim
3- courage to express your real feelings no guilt
4-stay in touch with friends
5- Love myself to be happy find joy in the moment
- happiness is a choice
-in the freedom to choose what we focus on
-blessings come to me more when I'm in a place of gratitude and flow
- gratitude for every day along the way is the key to it acknowledging and enjoying happiness now . Not when the results come in or when you retire with this or that happens.
- have a heart that's open and smiling it's a good life
-cycles of life will bring challenging times
- need to find a place of self-love
- it is the heart that guides you to joy not the mind (Buddha commented "the mind knows no answers the heart knows no questions")
Finding joy
So how do you find joy in tumultuous and challenging times- when life happens:
Big view - those times when I am with Family- just one of them , or with several of them or with all of them . Each of those are times when I find joy. I also find joy when my kids getting together and they are loving each other like recently in Wisconsin
In the temple - whether that's the weekly service as a worker or when we attend the temple as patrons I find joy in the temple
Partaking of the the sacrament - I know that should / can be weekly but in reality that just comes at times when I'm prepared to take the sacrament and I focus
Prayer again that could be daily but it is what happens when I focus and I ponder and I make it meaningful
Daily scripture study almost always is an experience for me to find true joy
So even when things are hard I can find joy in a regular basis monthly weekly or daily. I can insert my day with joy of the spirit.
The book didn't go I there but my thoughts did . Life is a choice. It is YOUR life. Choose consciously, choose wisely, choose honestly. Choose happiness.
Sent from tim wilson
1 comment:
good ponderful thoughts
Post a Comment