Mink river brian doyle
This is the second Brian Doyle's book I've read, should have read this before the plover but oh we'll. it brings a town to life through the jumbled lives and braided stories of its people. I like the metaphor of 'Stitching stories together ' or to 'Embroider the story'. It gives it a feeling of craft and nurturing with a caring eye to arrive at the end point of resolution . I enjoyed his writing and story telling , though he could have left out the sex parts and not lost much at all of the story.
There are a number of interesting turn of phrases and thoughts I enjoyed
Thought. - Keep a list of things to know
Thought -Words swing and sing through her mind all the time in parades and poems
Thought -You and I know that you get a set of tools and talents and experiences and you have to meld them into your work. What you are here for
Thought - Kindness humor curiosity used for healing
Thought -Seems like a blow but its a gift - your challenge is to find out what the gift is
Thought -There are doors and windows everywhere - bringing new light to our situations and offering new vistas and opportunities
Review which captured some of my thoughts - quote -I can't help but cry. I'm crying for the people in the book who died, who were lost, who were injured. I'm crying because not everyone dies when they could have. I'm crying because some people heal. Because some children heal. And because some people get to have love, give love, remain in love, which is so beautiful to walk among, my footsteps causing no distraction. I'm crying, too, because for some there is no love. I now believe a crow can talk his wise thoughts in perfectly lucid English sentences,
Not really my own review but more of a collection of reactions by me
No comments:
Post a Comment