It's not even a holiday book.
Nor was it the John Grisham attorney, lawyerly book I anticipated
It wasn't even incredibly written like my favorite Italian novel:The Name of the Rose, by Umberto Eco.
I found it on a list of notable books and thought I'd give it a try.
It was one part "a room with a view" by Forster
One part Frommer's Italy
One part "Rudy"
Bizarrely it's the story of an NFL star quarterback gone goat. To say that Italy—the land of fine wines, extremely small cars, and football americano—holds a few surprises for Rick Dockery would be something of an understatement. It is all about the discovery of someone totally new to Italy. He adapts to the food, the history, the culture, his dislocated passion for football, american students abroad and more.
It is a library book, so I didn't have a lot vested in it. Nonetheless , it was such a simple read that it really didn't consume a lot of time. Would I recommend it probably not unless you have a trip already for Parma .
Well I haven't read Grisham for over a decade and it seems reassonable to assume that will lbusiness another decade before I do again.
Nor was it the John Grisham attorney, lawyerly book I anticipated
It wasn't even incredibly written like my favorite Italian novel:The Name of the Rose, by Umberto Eco.
I found it on a list of notable books and thought I'd give it a try.
It was one part "a room with a view" by Forster
One part Frommer's Italy
One part "Rudy"
Bizarrely it's the story of an NFL star quarterback gone goat. To say that Italy—the land of fine wines, extremely small cars, and football americano—holds a few surprises for Rick Dockery would be something of an understatement. It is all about the discovery of someone totally new to Italy. He adapts to the food, the history, the culture, his dislocated passion for football, american students abroad and more.
It is a library book, so I didn't have a lot vested in it. Nonetheless , it was such a simple read that it really didn't consume a lot of time. Would I recommend it probably not unless you have a trip already for Parma .
Well I haven't read Grisham for over a decade and it seems reassonable to assume that will lbusiness another decade before I do again.
No comments:
Post a Comment