Saturday, June 11, 2011
Of things Illinois
As you can tell from the accompanying photo I have crossed a major bridge in my life. One part of me was living in denial of having moved and I fed that portion of the inner me by not getting a Illinois Driver's Licence. I am reconciled and moving forward now.
As a side I found it interesting the high degree of angst I suffered in having to take the written test. With vivid memories of a new neighbor from New Jersey horribly failing the MN test when they moved to MN I studied and studied. My nervousness yielded a 100% but I was concerned.
As a side note if you cut me I still bleed maroon and gold not orange
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I had to get mine last year and it was one of the saddest days of my life. Being able to brag about hitting 165 lbs was nice. Being officially booked as a red head was not. And why does Jesse Smith need his name on my license as secretary of state? Illinois politicians put their names on EVERYTHING. It's worse than Jerusalem.
Post a Comment