I must admit I was surprised to read the birthday notice in the New York Times; but there it was on the Sunday Opinion page. " It’s barely possible to overstate the significance of this Bible." What a very true statement. America needs to reconstruct the chain of memory that brings us back to Bible literacy. Early Americans learn to reead from the Bible, then evolved to the Sears Catalog, then TV guide. Our shared values have eroded as our bible litereacy has eroded.
This is a great year to read the Bible. Start with something easy and read the New Testament. if not read a good book about the Bible in God's Secretaries. Reading it will inspire you to read the King James Version of the bible whose 400th birthday we celebrate . Happy Birthday/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As I read this on the 12th, I thought it was going to be a shout out to Evan. Happy Birthday to him just the same.
Post a Comment