Sunday, March 7, 2010

Moral Courage

Parker and I just returned from home teaching two of our families and enjoyed rich discussions regarding the need and the ability to have moral courage in the face of the sincere challenges that life and the world send us these days. The economy, politics, environment, earthquakes and natural disasters, family and health can all engender fear, can all cause us to compromise.

Things that give rise to moral courage include: preparation, positive peers, daily prayer, daily scripture reading, fasting and priesthood blessings. The world, our ward is full of delightful examples of people who embrace and demonstrate each of these. People who live with moral courage help inspire me to have more courage, I recommend this Ensign article by Eyring to you.

Additionally, I find Rindy a great example of moral courage; whether that has been dealing with living away from her family, living near mine, raising our family or dealing with our economic, health and social issues. She is a great one to associate with, be influenced and nudged onward by. Great examples are wonderful to live with and have as friends.

No comments: