Saturday, February 21, 2009

BYU Blue


I totally enjoyed my years at BYU educationally, spiritually, and socially. I am grateful that Blair, Brigham and Evan have all had and are having, BYU experiences. Even with all that I have never really consider myself a Cougar. I certainly am not a football fan of any measure . I watch the token game during the season, I even went to one and a quarter games while at BYU, and I am current on Superbowl commercials.


With such a preamble i must admit a token of surprise with the enjoyment, delight and uplift I experienced at a recent BYU alumni event where Bronco Mendenhall spoke. I left confirmed in a conviction of the truthfulness and importance of the gospel in all things,i of increased gratitude for BYU, of hoping my younger children will yet have a BYU experience, of thinking maybe my boys should have played football, and with a hope that all coaches and teachers at BYU - or elsewhere might be like Bronco.


The fireside is rebroadcast on KBYU at the following link.

And may I recommend as well the music from VocalPoint. (not from the fireside but enjoyable as is this)

1 comment:

Jared said...

You know your Dad's opinion about BYU and sports, right?