
One of Evan's favorite hymns is:
Baptism -primary song p 100
Jesus came to John the Baptist
in Judea long ago
and was baptised by immersion
in the River Jordon's flow.
To fulfill the law said Jesus
when the Baptist questioned why
and to enter in God's kingdom
in the royal courts on high
which has always intrigued me.
Evan's favorite song being about an ordinance which he wasn't required to participate in , in terms of the remission of sins; but for which he participated equally to enter into the kingdom and become part of the family of Christ. Necessary no but right for Evan yes. It augmented his commitment and feeling of belonging, it deepened his beginning of understanding, it allowed him to join, and gave him a common bond. I wonder if one some inner plane and spiritual dimension if his spirit understands the hymn, its meaning and parallelism to his own situation.
2 comments:
What a great post, sorry I missed seeing you and Evan and hearing about his mission, let me know when you visit again.
Lovely post. I will never forget that day----the incredible peace adn quite amongst all the noises of the world. I felt and still do feel, privileged to have been present. Love, Sally
Post a Comment